7 tips to carry out your content marketing strategy on Instagram
7 tips to carry out your content marketing strategy on Instagram.
Content marketing strategy on Instagram: Instagram can give you great visibility and conversions, whether you are eCommerce or not. In fact, 80% of users follow at least one brand, so why not yours? Another interesting statistic is that 75% of users act (visit a website, for example). Now that we’ve convinced you to use Instagram (at least we hope so), here are some tips for getting more followers on Instagram and your content marketing strategy in motion.
1. Plan a unique strategy for Instagram
According to the leader of social media marketing LazyBoom.com, each social network is different to its audience, it’s a way of operating, the publication formats, etc. So you can’t duplicate your content strategy used on Twitter on Instagram, it won’t work. To get started, identify your target audience. Instagram users are quite young, under 35 years old. Deepen your knowledge of your characters to know precisely their demographics, their location, their tastes, etc.
Then determine your goals taking into account the functionality of Instagram. For example, if you want to generate leads, remember that it is not possible to add clickable links to your posts. You are only allowed one link in your bio.
You can then customize your posts based on this information. In fact, here are the possible post formats on Instagram:
- Photos: behind the scenes of your business or event, appointment, a photograph of your routine, etc.
- Vertical Videos – Especially on IGTV, where you can post long videos.
- Stories: in portrait format, you can post a series of photos and short videos that will only be viewable for 24 hours
In your content strategy on Instagram, be sure to consider this when posting your photos or videos. These depend on your objective.
Also, read 7 small business ideas that you can start from home.
2. Use Proper Hashtags for your content marketing strategy on Instagram
Hashtags are essential to increase the visibility of your posts. These are the ones you can use:
- Hashtags with your brand: they make it easy for people who know your brand to find you. Feel free to create other hashtags with the name of your content marketing strategy on Instagram or your event, for example.
- Community hashtags: allow users to follow posts on a specific topic, for example, #contentmarketing
Make sure your hashtags are consistent with the content of your post and don’t abuse them. You don’t need to list 20 hashtags for your photo, limit yourself to a maximum of ten.
3. Try to Humanize your posts
You may be tempted to post photos of your products, but on Instagram, people love spontaneity.
So don’t hesitate to step in front of the lens by posting behind-the-scenes videos or photos of your business or the highlights of your daily life.
Livestream is also very popular. It can be a good solution for your content marketing strategy on Instagram:
- Take advantage of customer interviews
- Capture a moment from your event
- Record an evening out with your colleagues
Another way to humanize your posts is to use the poll tag. In your stories, you can question your community and show them that you are interested in it.
4. Always Focus on your followers
It is precisely your community and your followers that you should focus on. Obviously, you must understand their expectations, as we discussed in the first point of this article.
But above all you have to give them a reason to follow you:
- Fuel your creativity by encouraging your followers to generate content based on your products or messages that you want to convey.
- Create contests and encourage your community to share your posts
- Book specific discounts for your followers by setting a unique promo code
- Show them how your products can help or benefit them
5. Add Interactivity to your content marketing strategy on Instagram
In content marketing, there are three types of content, namely static, dynamic and interactive content. It is for the latter that you can stand out on Instagram.
Interactivity is especially possible in stories, due to the use of stickers.
But remember anyway that it is possible:
- Create a statement (particularly useful before an event or product launch, for example)
- Add an Emoji slider to gauge how your community is feeling
- Let users ask you questions that you answer later
- Let users select the music they can listen to in the background of your post
6. Try to Get closer to micro-influencers
It’s impossible to talk about Instagram without mentioning micro-influencers. These mini web stars can be a stepping stone for your brand. So don’t neglect them in your content marketing strategy on Instagram, especially if you run eCommerce.
A micro-influencer has some thousand Instagram Followers and it is much more affordable in terms of budget. Thanks to them, you can implement the visibility of your products in your community.
For this strategy to work, make sure you choose a micro-influencer who is connected to your industry and has a community similar to your target audience. Keep in mind that there are solutions online to help you find micro-influencers relevant to your brand.
7. The stories to reach your goal
Thanks to the stories you will be able to reach your target, especially if the latter is young and dynamic. Most of the stories are viewed by teens, young adults, and workers. Depending on the profile of your target, you can create suitable content.
One of the current trends is to encourage influencers to use your products or services and then talk about it on social media, especially in stories. These are shared and go viral as you gain popularity. Since it is possible to comment on posts, your audience will be able to react to your stories. The responses are usually short, short, and impactful content. You have to read them and take them into account because they represent the “hot” reactions of your followers and contain a multitude of information to exploit.
Instagram should be the subject of a unique content marketing strategy on Instagram. Once you have identified your goal and objectives, you can create multiple posts that are targeted at your followers. To differentiate yourself from your competitors, don’t hesitate to introduce yourself!